Thursday, April 19, 2012

Legal Concerns of a Teacher to be

I do not have a ton of concerns about legal issues arising as a teacher.  I have been in coaching for 10 years and I am very familiar with what situations to get into and not get into with students.  I understand the many of the difficulties that teachers face being married to one.  I do expect it to get more difficult for teachers to a point.  I see it much like a pendulum, that is swinging at teachers right now, but will eventually stop and start heading back in the other direction.  As it heads back in that direction the restrictions and requirements are going start to focus more on the students responsibilities.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are right about heading back into the student's direction. Sometimes I feel like students are not being held accountable like they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, Jeff...er, Mr. Bumiller. Look, I'm commenting on your blog. Feel important!

    I think it's interesting and relevant that you raise the issue of your many years of coaching. I think -- and the local news would regularly imply -- that coaches, regardless of their other affiliations with the school for which they coach, face just as many potential legal concerns as classroom teachers. I sense that often, non-faculty coaches may not be as well educated or well protected in such matters as they could and should be. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete